PREP YOUR SKIN
1. For best results, exfoliate before your session and focus on the driest areas — elbows, knees, hands, feet and the backs of your ankles. Goddess Labs offers a wide array of exfoliating products like this Pre-session exfoliant scrub. Try to avoid waxing or other spa treatments the day of your spray tan.
2. The day of your spray tan, don’t use moisturizers unless they are specifically formulated for sunless tanning (i.e., oil‑free).
WHAT TO WEAR
3. Avoid wearing perfumes, deodorant or makeup that can create a barrier for absorption. Avoid wearing tight clothing and shoes such as boots, socks or tights, which may rub off some of the spray tan and cause uneven results.
4. Wear dark, loose-fitting clothes. If possible, wear nail polish. Even if your nail polish is clear coat, it will help protect your nails from discoloration.
PREP & PROTECT
6. Barrier cream is an important element for prepping your spray tan. Apply a light layer of the cream in areas where skin tends to be rougher — hands, fingers, feet, toes and the sides of your feet. Don’t forget to apply to your cuticles, as well. These areas tend to soak up more spray solution. For your protection and convenience, PBT provides hair caps, protective eyewear, nose filters, lip balm and cotton balls.
WAIT FOR IT…
7. Avoid the following for the defined time period:
Bathing or swimming: At least 4 hours-8 hours.
Activities that make you sweat heavily: At least 4 hours.
Chlorine: Swimming in chlorinated pools will quickly break down your spray tan. We suggest avoiding entirely, if possible.
KEEP YOUR GLOW LONGER
8. Moisturize daily with a post-sunless product like one of these. Beware: Drugstore lotions may contain oils and other ingredients that can shorten the life of your spray tan.
9. Avoid body washes that contain harsh soaps, exfoliants or oils. These ingredients can also shorten the life of your tan. We recommend using soaps that are especially formulated to extend the life of your tan — like this daily body wash.
10. Avoid using pore strips, bandages and exfoliants (until you’re ready to spray again)